Saturday, August 2, 2008

Joy!

She's beautiful. Simply perfect. But if you've seen our Brooklyn, you already know these things. Marla says that we can tell a few things about her personality by the way she acts even now at 3 1/2 months, and Mindy said today that Brooklyn is joyous. I think she's right. Our sweet girl wakes up smiling and giggles all day long, pausing only momentarily to take it all in. God has certainly outdone Himself!

She is, to us, an embodiment of His smile, an expression of His grace, and man, am I so grateful to have her in my life! I can't wait to see what He has in store for her, and I know He'll give us the tools to help her along the way. We are so blessed because our God has provided for our every need and our biggest want: a precious baby. I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future... and He's so easy to trust, and so hard to trust at the same time. I know that the joy I see in Brooklyn is Your sweet Spirit bursting our through her! Thank you that the plans You have for her are for good, for her hope and a future.

No comments: