Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School


So Brooklyn pretty much smiles all the time, and I'm thinking, God, you have made me the luckiest mom in the world. And then I remember that You love to give good gifts to your children! Oh, yeah.
Yesterday marked one year ago that we took a little test to tell us Brooklyn was on the way, and I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, sad, sentimental... I don't know, somewhere inbetween all of those. I'm starting to think about how drastic my life will change once school starts back. Right now, I spend every waking minute with my "Book-ens" and I know her moods and what every little cry means. In a few weeks I'm gonna have to turn that over to someone else, albeit two really good friends, but not me. It's hard to think about. It's hard to put my attention on anything except what she needs.
Sure, I've left her with Halee, Ali and Ashleigh, or the in-laws a few times, but not for 8 hrs! And a five-day week seems pretty harsh. Maybe we should only teach Monday thru Thurs? Yeah, that sounds good... with flexible hours. Or maybe I could just bring her pack 'n play and set it up in the corner. It'd be out of the way...
Okay, even ridiculous-ness! I trust Marla and Kim and know that Brooklyn is in great hands. She will learn to love the Lord and will even get to play with some other kids, which is good. I'm just jealous that these two lovely ladies will get to be with her during the day when I cannot!
Enough crying about it. I can tell you one thing: I won't be at FHS until 7 or 8pm anymore! They'll be lucky if I stay until the bell rings at 3:30! ;)

2 comments:

The Minz said...

Im so excited you are on here!
I am also!
http://babyupdateblogger.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Carey! I am feeling all the same things. I will go back to work on the 18th and am having a hard time with it too. I love seeing the updates and pics of Brooklyn!